18 November, 2008

Change is Not Always a Good Thing, Oh Yeah! And... BTB News

Hi everyone,

I know I promised someone that I'd film a post-political review in the wake of Obama being elected the 45th President of the USA, but that vid has since been shelved since New Zealand voted in a center-right government (The National Party) with our fricken version of George W Bush (John Key) into power

I hope this post will suffice for the vid that didn't happen and before I begin be warned.. lots of personal political views from here on so skip to the bottom if you just want to know about BTB :)

Continuuing on, I received a double whammy when one of the Parties I gave my vote to (we have MMP here) crossed over to the political dark-side and are now buddy-buddy chum-chumy with the National Party

I tell ya, that's the last time I vote "Maori" Party. To me, they have effectively become the flea on a dog of a poor-man's cousin who happens to know Darth Vader (note earlier "dark-side" reference, so yeah, they really suck but not in a cool Darth Vader kinda way but in a really really crappy way. Okay, totally OT at the moment.. moving on!). And, since when are the Maori people a right-wing anything?! errr!

What gripes my a@$ the most about the situation in New Zealand is poor Helen Clark, of The Labour Party and former Prime Minister, put years of her life looking after our country. She literally got screwed in the a$$ by thousands and thousands of Kiwis in one night when they voted for The National Party. Not because they hated her or her party, oh no! In fact, most Kiwis will agree that she did a marvelous job as did her party in the top role. Huh?

So why did NZ turn their backs on Helen Clark and The Labour Party? Well, Selected Kiwis who were put on the obviously PRO right-wing TV1 morning show would say "the crime rate is really high", and "we need a change", blah blah blah. To me that is complete B#ll$h&t!!!

Here's a really horrible example of a governmental change that didn't go well - Germany. They voted in the Nazis, need I say more. Anyway, the whole world disagreed with that decision. Now, I'm clearly not comparing the National Party to Nazis so I'll let you decide for yourself what to compare them to in a few years time, "The Bee's Knees" or a "Big Pile of Poop"? I guess we'll see

Sadly, my own sister told me (before the elections) that she'd be totally screwed with the National Party in power but she was voting for them anyway because, and.. I quote "The Labour Party was selling too much land". Huh? There's no reason in that statement at all! Firstly, the selling of land has nothing to do with her personally and secondly because she is completely wrong :s

I think I've vented all I can athough I could keep going on and thank you for listening to (or technically reading) my thoughts

Finally, onto other matters..
They'll be a slight delay in this week's schedule but a new BTB episode will be up in the next few days (not today or tomorrow) like it has been in the last few weeks

Cheers!

Regards, Cliff

PS: On the US Elections, I think it's awesome that Barack got in. I don't like how The Republicans are down playing his achievement though by saying something along the lines of "It's their moment. The first Black President...", etc etc. Actually, he won because he's just better and smarter than both McCain and Palin put together, although to be honest that's not hard. And let's not put the "race card" into this. He's just better, it's as plain and simple as that

2 comments:

Michael Teoh said...

Great review on NZ politics Clif! Missing you and Lenaire here!

Cliff said...

Heya buddy and thank you!
I hope everything's going well in Malaysia and yeah, we're both missing you too :)

Tags / Labels

About Me