12 April, 2011

Edge's retirement from the WWE

We don't get WWE live here in New Zealand but it didn't take long for the news of Edge's retirement to travel down under.

I jumped online and found video after video regarding his announcement. It was heart wrenching watching him spill the truth to the crowd. He covered his history and love of the business. The fact that injuries do occur in the ring is something a lot of people still don't understand. Many think it's all fake but, of course, we know better.

I loved the fact the WWE gave Edge his dues and didn't interrupt his speech. No one came out, no one attacked him, he wasn't squashed or humiliated, he just told the truth and left. Done. Beautiful. That's the way most superstars should go out.

You know, it's funny in a way. Lenaire and I were just talking today about who would be "future endeavoured" which is a line that comes with the majority of the WWE's release statements. For example, "we wish him [them or her] well in all their future endeavours" blah, blah, blah. I'm not trying to say Edge was "future endeavoured" of course. He's way too popular for that.

Anyway, I really hope we get to see Edge again in some capacity, and well, I wish him well in all his future endeavours, but... that better be in the WWE dammit!

Colour commentator? Raw General Manager (yeah, why not, despite attacking it earlier)?

Regards, Cliff.

0 comments:

Tags / Labels

About Me