21 March, 2008
HQ vs SD
Okay, so with the HQ version of BTB up (episode 4) do you notice any visual and/or audio differences/improvements between this and the older episodes?
I'd like your feedback because it's faster for me to upload the SD (standard) versions and better for you in a way too. As already mentioned an SD version of 9 mins is about 60mb vs an HQ version of 7 mins at 115mb
You be the judge!
Please note: there's a hissing/humming sound in the background of Ep 4. That's my laptop because we tried recording this episode straight to my computer instead of using tapes. I noticed this for later episodes and just moved it but let's say it's cheaper and more efficient doing it this way. DV tapes are expensive and transfering the footage is a 1:1 deal so for example if I recorded 10 mins of footage it would take 10 mins to transfer it, if I recorded 20 mins it would take 20 mins to transfer it, etc. I cannot speed up the time to transfer tape but if I record to my computer the whole thing is recorded in real time. As soon as I press stop I'm ready to edit. Woot!
Regards, Cliff
I'd like your feedback because it's faster for me to upload the SD (standard) versions and better for you in a way too. As already mentioned an SD version of 9 mins is about 60mb vs an HQ version of 7 mins at 115mb
You be the judge!
Please note: there's a hissing/humming sound in the background of Ep 4. That's my laptop because we tried recording this episode straight to my computer instead of using tapes. I noticed this for later episodes and just moved it but let's say it's cheaper and more efficient doing it this way. DV tapes are expensive and transfering the footage is a 1:1 deal so for example if I recorded 10 mins of footage it would take 10 mins to transfer it, if I recorded 20 mins it would take 20 mins to transfer it, etc. I cannot speed up the time to transfer tape but if I record to my computer the whole thing is recorded in real time. As soon as I press stop I'm ready to edit. Woot!
Regards, Cliff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- 2011 (46)
- 2010 (5)
- 2009 (7)
-
2008
(147)
- December(8)
- November(11)
- October(7)
- September(7)
- August(13)
- July(16)
- June(10)
- May(30)
- April(29)
-
March(16)
- BTB 9
- BTB (1 week) Hiatus
- BTB 9, 10 and SWCT Pt 12 (2 of 2) Update
- Overhaulin BTB Season 2
- BTB Ep 8
- Up 'n coming BTB Vids
- Slight BTB Delay (thursday)
- BTB and Rock 2 Wgtn Update
- All-New Vid: Rock 2 Wgtn '08 (Coming Soon)
- Videos over Easter
- HQ vs SD
- BTB delay. HQ sucks
- Mixing it up
- BTB Update
- Below the Belt Update and Easter Weekend
- Welcome News
LOSTINZ
The Home of Sports Entertainment News - with a twist!
BTB Video Links
- New Superstars
- Tough Enough and NXT
- Look Who's Back
- 2008 BTB Awards (2 of 2)
- 2008 BTB Awards (1 of 2)
- The Royal Roulette (2 of 2)
- The Royal Roulette (1 of 2)
- TNA Special (2 of 2)
- TNA Special (1 of 2)
- Pushing New and Rebranded Superstars
- Best and Worst of WWE Films
- Stone Cold's Return?
- Worst Wrestlers
- Why aren't you a TNA and WWE fan
- The Question Roulette Returns!
- Beat the Clock (4 of 4)
- Beat the Clock (3 of 4)
- Beat the Clock (2 of 4)
- Beat the Clock (1 of 4)
- Best Faces in the WWE! UNCUT
- Best Faces in the WWE!
- Best Heels in the WWE!
- Worst Wrestling Moves Ever!
- WWE's Worst Storylines
Related Links
About Me
Archive
-
▼
2008
(147)
-
▼
March
(16)
- BTB 9
- BTB (1 week) Hiatus
- BTB 9, 10 and SWCT Pt 12 (2 of 2) Update
- Overhaulin BTB Season 2
- BTB Ep 8
- Up 'n coming BTB Vids
- Slight BTB Delay (thursday)
- BTB and Rock 2 Wgtn Update
- All-New Vid: Rock 2 Wgtn '08 (Coming Soon)
- Videos over Easter
- HQ vs SD
- BTB delay. HQ sucks
- Mixing it up
- BTB Update
- Below the Belt Update and Easter Weekend
- Welcome News
-
▼
March
(16)

1 comments:
I've since decided to use SD (files of around 60 mb) because I was having problems uploading large files with my wireless connection
We both win here :)