19 March, 2008
Mixing it up
I've posted a few video megamixes to YT (dedicated to UB40 and Raggamuffin '08) and have been thinking of doing a tutorial on how to do these in the very near future.
In the meantime I can tell you what software I used to make them.
For the music (megamixes and remixes) I use a software application called Mixmeister Fusion. The version without video mixing (although I hadn't done much of this previously which is why I didn't bother upgrading). Anyway, it's a great DJ tool that allows me to precisely line up songs and set cue points where I want them. It supports VST plug-ins and more. There's tutorials already on YT but I guess if you wanna learn how I make mixes stay tuned.
For the video editing I use a software package called Ulead Video Studio 10+. Up until now it has been a great mid-range tool for me. Most people will find it jam packed with powerful tools compared to the humble ol' Windows Movie Maker (WMM). For example in Ulead VS10+, you can do chromakeying. I used this technique with my Maori Dalek video where I took still photos of my toy 5" dalek against a green screen and replaced the green colour with various photos. In any case it's such an improvement to WMM
Anyway, stay tuned for those tutorial vids
Regards, Cliff
In the meantime I can tell you what software I used to make them.
For the music (megamixes and remixes) I use a software application called Mixmeister Fusion. The version without video mixing (although I hadn't done much of this previously which is why I didn't bother upgrading). Anyway, it's a great DJ tool that allows me to precisely line up songs and set cue points where I want them. It supports VST plug-ins and more. There's tutorials already on YT but I guess if you wanna learn how I make mixes stay tuned.
For the video editing I use a software package called Ulead Video Studio 10+. Up until now it has been a great mid-range tool for me. Most people will find it jam packed with powerful tools compared to the humble ol' Windows Movie Maker (WMM). For example in Ulead VS10+, you can do chromakeying. I used this technique with my Maori Dalek video where I took still photos of my toy 5" dalek against a green screen and replaced the green colour with various photos. In any case it's such an improvement to WMM
Anyway, stay tuned for those tutorial vids
Regards, Cliff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- 2011 (46)
- 2010 (5)
- 2009 (7)
-
2008
(147)
- December(8)
- November(11)
- October(7)
- September(7)
- August(13)
- July(16)
- June(10)
- May(30)
- April(29)
-
March(16)
- BTB 9
- BTB (1 week) Hiatus
- BTB 9, 10 and SWCT Pt 12 (2 of 2) Update
- Overhaulin BTB Season 2
- BTB Ep 8
- Up 'n coming BTB Vids
- Slight BTB Delay (thursday)
- BTB and Rock 2 Wgtn Update
- All-New Vid: Rock 2 Wgtn '08 (Coming Soon)
- Videos over Easter
- HQ vs SD
- BTB delay. HQ sucks
- Mixing it up
- BTB Update
- Below the Belt Update and Easter Weekend
- Welcome News
LOSTINZ
The Home of Sports Entertainment News - with a twist!
BTB Video Links
- New Superstars
- Tough Enough and NXT
- Look Who's Back
- 2008 BTB Awards (2 of 2)
- 2008 BTB Awards (1 of 2)
- The Royal Roulette (2 of 2)
- The Royal Roulette (1 of 2)
- TNA Special (2 of 2)
- TNA Special (1 of 2)
- Pushing New and Rebranded Superstars
- Best and Worst of WWE Films
- Stone Cold's Return?
- Worst Wrestlers
- Why aren't you a TNA and WWE fan
- The Question Roulette Returns!
- Beat the Clock (4 of 4)
- Beat the Clock (3 of 4)
- Beat the Clock (2 of 4)
- Beat the Clock (1 of 4)
- Best Faces in the WWE! UNCUT
- Best Faces in the WWE!
- Best Heels in the WWE!
- Worst Wrestling Moves Ever!
- WWE's Worst Storylines
Related Links
About Me
Archive
-
▼
2008
(147)
-
▼
March
(16)
- BTB 9
- BTB (1 week) Hiatus
- BTB 9, 10 and SWCT Pt 12 (2 of 2) Update
- Overhaulin BTB Season 2
- BTB Ep 8
- Up 'n coming BTB Vids
- Slight BTB Delay (thursday)
- BTB and Rock 2 Wgtn Update
- All-New Vid: Rock 2 Wgtn '08 (Coming Soon)
- Videos over Easter
- HQ vs SD
- BTB delay. HQ sucks
- Mixing it up
- BTB Update
- Below the Belt Update and Easter Weekend
- Welcome News
-
▼
March
(16)

0 comments: