16 March, 2011
Jeff Hardy vs Sting at Victory Road '11
Wow. Now bear with me as we don't get TNA here but I just got word of the mainevent at TNA's "Victory Road" PPV and it's a doosy. The PPV was apparently really good right up until the last match. It's all over the net, the fans are not happy-chappies, and blogging like crazy! Here's my spin on it after watching a clip of it on the interwebs.
Firstly, I heard about this from Lenaire who is the biggest wrestling nut I know. She's always checking for wrestling news and rumours, any and everything wrestling, when she came across this match.
In her words, Jeff seemed like he was flying high on something, stumbled into the ring, he seemed incoherent, Bischoff was involved somehow, and well it all went to poop when an unsympathic (and opportunistic) Sting pinned Jeff Hardy within 88 seconds. Well, these aren't quite her words but that's the jist of it.
At the time she told me about it I laughed my @r$3 off and said that's different! And, it's better when things don't go to plan, they improvise and have to come up with something else no matter how messed up or angry it makes the fans.
Here's my thoughts while watching the Jeff Hardy vs Sting match...
To me, it seemed like they knew Jeff couldn't wrestle way before the match even started. This is shown by his slow entrance, stumbling into the ring, extended sitting, slower reactions, and Sting's comments at the end. Maybe they hoped he'd snap out of it but since he didn't seem much better they sent Eric out to buy some time. Sting did the right thing by squashing Jeff and getting it over and done with! Maybe Jeff was supposed to win? In any case, I'm sure everyone deserved a much better match than what they got.
The positive side to of all this, regardless of whether it's a work or not, is it's gotten a lot of attention (namely ours) and that's always a good thing.
Regards, Cliff.
Firstly, I heard about this from Lenaire who is the biggest wrestling nut I know. She's always checking for wrestling news and rumours, any and everything wrestling, when she came across this match.
In her words, Jeff seemed like he was flying high on something, stumbled into the ring, he seemed incoherent, Bischoff was involved somehow, and well it all went to poop when an unsympathic (and opportunistic) Sting pinned Jeff Hardy within 88 seconds. Well, these aren't quite her words but that's the jist of it.
At the time she told me about it I laughed my @r$3 off and said that's different! And, it's better when things don't go to plan, they improvise and have to come up with something else no matter how messed up or angry it makes the fans.
Here's my thoughts while watching the Jeff Hardy vs Sting match...
- Okay, promo time. TNA's graphics and animations have improved a lot since last time. Nice work!
- Jeff & Sting's promos were okay. Sting was better though
- That is one horrible looking and ugly championship belt. Is that Jeff's version of Cena's spinner-belt?
- Jeff's music is on. He's taking a while to come out. Here he is! He's a bit slow and yep, he's stumbling into the ring. Not good
- Sting's music is on. Pretty cool. He's dressed like Sgt Pepper. Oh well, you can get away with anything as long as you're in a band or a wrestler
- Where's Jeff? Oh, sitting in the corner. Not out of the ordinary
- Jeff's make-up looks good so no problem there and it would take a while to put on
- Eric Bishoff's out. Buying time? It's a "No Disqualifications" match now. Hardy's better prepared for this kind of match. I think not. Haha
- Jeff's teasing the crowd by not throwing away his t-shirt. This is probably longer than the match. Okay, he's done
- Counting the seconds now. Haha. There's a few fisticuffs
- Scorpion death drop. 1, 2, 3. Ding, ding, ding. LOL
- And, that's the mainevent done and dusted
- No, wait! Despite what the commentators are saying Sting's not happy and talking to the crowd, "I agree! I agree!"
To me, it seemed like they knew Jeff couldn't wrestle way before the match even started. This is shown by his slow entrance, stumbling into the ring, extended sitting, slower reactions, and Sting's comments at the end. Maybe they hoped he'd snap out of it but since he didn't seem much better they sent Eric out to buy some time. Sting did the right thing by squashing Jeff and getting it over and done with! Maybe Jeff was supposed to win? In any case, I'm sure everyone deserved a much better match than what they got.
The positive side to of all this, regardless of whether it's a work or not, is it's gotten a lot of attention (namely ours) and that's always a good thing.
Regards, Cliff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
LOSTINZ
The Home of Sports Entertainment News - with a twist!
BTB Video Links
- New Superstars
- Tough Enough and NXT
- Look Who's Back
- 2008 BTB Awards (2 of 2)
- 2008 BTB Awards (1 of 2)
- The Royal Roulette (2 of 2)
- The Royal Roulette (1 of 2)
- TNA Special (2 of 2)
- TNA Special (1 of 2)
- Pushing New and Rebranded Superstars
- Best and Worst of WWE Films
- Stone Cold's Return?
- Worst Wrestlers
- Why aren't you a TNA and WWE fan
- The Question Roulette Returns!
- Beat the Clock (4 of 4)
- Beat the Clock (3 of 4)
- Beat the Clock (2 of 4)
- Beat the Clock (1 of 4)
- Best Faces in the WWE! UNCUT
- Best Faces in the WWE!
- Best Heels in the WWE!
- Worst Wrestling Moves Ever!
- WWE's Worst Storylines

5 comments:
According to some of the rumour sites, Jeff was never going to win. Sting was always going to retain. I'm a huge Jeff fan and I am hoping that this is just to do with his character and not something in his personal life. He's only just gotten married. Can't be that bad....
Hey thanks for commenting. I didn't know he'd gotten married. Hopefully he wasn't still celebrating. Also, I had a look at your blog and voted on a poll. Nice work! Cheers :)
Wait - it doesn't matter if he got married. The guy's a train wreck!
Sting is one of the main reasons I keep an eye on TNA - he will always be a legend. So for this mess I definitely blame Jeff and hope he cleans up soon
Well I was watching the Turning Point ppv on DVD and it seems as though Jeff is always like that with his character. I reckon thats what it is. Thanks Cliff, that means alot. Thanks :)